Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday Must Have! Monthly Edition!

Hola Dolls!

Happy Monday...

I know no such a thing exists but lets just try & get through it! 

Here are my monthly favorites for September! 



JOE Color Cream Blush in Apricot 
I got this bad boy from a makeup swap with Kate of Kate's Beauty Blog! I plan to write all about our swap but in the meantime check out her post on our exchange here, here & here!  Kate lives in Canada & I have no been able to find this product in the States. A comparable product can be Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin. It is a very light tint of peach. I use this as my base for a matching powder blush to have my cheek color last all day! 

Milani Blush in Luminoso 
Available @ Drugstore $7.49


I fell in love with this blush this month... despite the fact that I've had it for longer than I'd like to admit! So I guess we could call it long-lost love! This is what I pared with the JOE Cream Blush. It gives you such a glow... peach with a tint of gold but nothing overtly shimmery! Plus you get a ton of product for the price - that's a no brainer! 

Sonia Kashuk Core Tools Brow Brush
Available @ Target $5.99
Love this little sucker! The bristles are corse & very firm, so not only does it place the product but it also does a great job blending in powder, wax & eyebrow pencils. It doesn't leave any harsh application lines & since it can spread the product throughout your brows it actually helps having a little go a long way. 
 
e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium 
Available @ Target or eyeslipsface.com $3.00
This product is the proof that you don't have to spend a load of cash for good products! This itty bitty kit, available in 4 shades, comes with an eyebrow wax & one eyebrow powder. I have dark brown/soft black eyebrows, and only need minimal filling, so I don't know how this would fare for someone with thin or sparse eyebrows. I use the sonia kashuk brow brush that I mentioned before to first apply some of the wax and then to add a little powder. Soften the fill by blending with a brow brush & you are good to go! 

Maybelline Illuminator in Ray of Gold 
(No Longer Available)
I hate writing about products that aren't available anymore! I don't like telling you guys about a product I love & then tell you "Hey You Can't Buy It!"
I did see a few left over from the Summer at Rite Aid, so give a peek at your local drugstore to see if they might have a few left over. 
 A comparable product at a drugstore price would be e.l.f. Studio Blush in Gotta Glow. It'svery close in pigment, & at $3 it's also good for your wallet! 

Sephora Nano Eyeliner in 03 pure white
Available @ Sephora $5.00
I adore adding white eyeliner on my waterline. It makes my eyes look wider & makes me look less tired! I think i've bought hundred of white pencils trying to find the perfect one. This little baby delivers HUGE resulst!Glides in the water line, great color payoff & isn't half bad either!


Sephora Smoky Kohl 
Available @ Sephora On Sale For $3.00

Kohl is one of the most old school cosmetics... and when I say old school I'm talking ancient time here dolls! Look at a portairt of Cleopatra. She was the it trendsetter of her time! I mean hello can you say cat eye liner centuries ahead of her time! What our glam gal Cleo was rocking was Kohl. Now all that good history aside, I really like wearing Kohl on my waterline. It leaves a light tint on the lower lashes that is the most delicate smokey eye., makes your eyes look like they are perfectly framed by natural tint.

Tarte Lipsurgence Natural Lip Luster in Adored
Available @ Ulta, Sephora & tartecosmetics.com $24.00 
I bought this around April/May didn't get around to trying until September. I love the formula of this product! It's moisturizing & leaves the most incredible shine on your pout. After this one I purchased two more Lipsurgence, one matte & one luster. Adore both! They also have a great peppermint scent that makes your lips feel refreshed. 

Sephora Collection Super Nourishing Lip Balm
Available @ Sephora $5.00
I had always denied my lips the compulsive treatment I offered my skin. At the beginning of August I was plagued with severely dry lips. I couldn't do anything to get them plump & moisturized. I used this Lip Balm in combination with a lip scrub &a nighttime lip treatment & Voila! Back to my perfect pout! Now I use it as the base for my lipstick. Makes for smoother application & Results! 

Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Spray
Available at Skindinavia.com 
Full Size Start at $19.00
I heard of Skindinavia from one of Goss Makeup Artist's You Tube video. Of course I couldn't resist a recommendation by this brilliant brit so I rushed over to the Skindaniavia's website & ordered one of their sprays! Along with a full-size 8oz bottle I received a travel size sample. I started with the sample size as it was easy to carry in my makeup bag for applying on my mug makeup @ work. Let me tell you this stuff was great! It totally prolonged the life of my makeup on some unbearably muggy/humid days - Definitely going to reccomend & repurchase! 


Lush’s Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner
Available at Lush & Lushusa.com $29.95

My younger sister told me about this product before the summer. She is a big fan of Lush, as they have been available in Europe (where she lived) for years! She had let me try a bit and OMG! The smell alone had me sold~ Like a fresh bouquet of roses... so yummy! What this is is a body conditioner, like the kind for your hair but for your bodascious bod! At the end of your shower, turn off the water, & slather the pink goo all over. Let it sit for a minute, rise off & pat dry. It's super hydrating - perfect with people who's skin gets dry in the color months! You must try this... You will thank me for it! 
Body Shop Shea Butter (Body Butter)
Available @ The Body Shop & Sephora $19.00
If you are a regular reader of my blog you know I have talked about how sensitive my skin is. I have to be very careful of what I put on it to avoid rashes, hives or scratching fits. In combination with the Ro's Argan Body Conditioner this has left my skin supple all month. I've repurchased this already also (as I blew through one tub in 30 days) & I am planning to use it throughout the fall/winter as my skin tends to be more dry & sensitive as the weather gets colder!


Burt’s Bees Baby Bee Multipurpose Ointment 
Available @ Burtsbees.com & Walmart $19.00
This stuff is the anti-vaseline vaseline - has no petroleum. It's actually a baby product... hey if it's good enough for a baby it's good enough for me!
 .The tub is a large decent size. I've been using it every other day & i'm barely 1/3 through the container. I slather this on my feet at night & then throw on some socks. My feet feels heavenly smooth in the am! I also use this on my hands, cuticles, elbows & knees... anywhere I want baby smooth skin! Get It?? Ha ha ha! Baby Product Baby Smooth Skin?? Ehh everyone's a critic! 


equate Micro exfoliating Cleansing Cloths
Available @ Walmart $3.97 
I was using Equate Original Clean Facial Cleansing Towelettes from January until July. I had heard that these wipes were great for eye make up as they didn't burn your eyes. They are large & have a quilted soft texture. I use one wipe for my whole face including my eyes. I also tried the Olay Regenerist Micro-Exfoliating Wet Cleansing Cloths "Brand" version of these wipes & I wasn't a big fan. The texture was rough & it burned my eyes when I used to them to remove my makeup. These cheaper alternatives are my new must have! 


First Aid Beauty 5 in 1 Cream
Available @ Firstaidbeauty.com & Sephora $28.00
I'm a firm believer that preventing is easier than curing! I'm big on starting an anti-aging treatment as early as 25... which is when I began mine. Eye creams are crucial in the fight against aging as they deliver essential nutrients to this delicate area of skin. I always have trouble finding a good eye cream but this one blew my mind! I got a sample of it from Sephora and ran back to get the full-size! This bad boy smooths, firms, brightens, nourishes & soothes your under eye area keeping it luminous! 

Soy Candle in Red Velvet Cupcake
Available @ Target Starting at $5.00
I wanted to throw a little something new in here! I got this candle from Target. I'm a relatively new fan of scented candles & my mom always tells me to get the soy candles since they contain less harmful chemicals. This candle is so yummy I'm almost sad I cannot eat it! Smells like just like red velvet cupcakes! It's pretty strong too - a little candle can really fill a whole room!



So my loves these are my September favorites! Forgive me for not posting for so long! 

This blog & those of you that read it are really the thing that keeps me going & drives my passion! So don't be mad at me dolls!


I want to hear from you! 

What were your favorites in the month of September? 
Comment & leave a link to your blog or You Tube Channel for your monthly faves!

Well Dolls Happy Monday! 

Hope this week is as fabulous as YOU!

Much Love From Your Girl!


Aly.


Disclaimer: Can you believe I got all this stuff for free?? Yeah me neither and that's becauseI bought it all myself! I'm an Independent woman ladies... I take care of myself and my purchases!

1 comment: