Monday, December 3, 2012

Top Ten Under $10 (Lips)

Top Ten Under $10! (Lips)

It's time for some Lip Lovin'. Wait that sounds weird....


Get out your $10 & Pucker Up Dolls we are off to hunt for a bargain!
1. Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain $8.99
These bad boys are identical to Tarte's LipSurgence Lip Tints! That is identical aside from the price! Tarte product comes in at $24 while their drugstore dupe is $8.99. These Revlon stains  have a light mint smell which also makes them refreshing & keep your pucker moist! They aren't super pigmented, but more of a tint, which I like because it's more natural. Be aware that the color on these balms is not long lasting so they will need re-application... fun & face none the less!


2. NYX Round Case Lipstick $3.99
For the price I don't think there is better quality - I find these to be better than MAC lipsticks, as they are smoother & creamier. I'm a big fan of variety and NYX has from subtle tints to major pop of colors. I also love that if you are into nudes they have a million shades of nudes... into reds? pinks? corals?? Same thing - they have so many options for each color, finish & preference! They are also starting to become more readily available at stores. In my area you can find them at Ulta, Harmon Discount, Sears & Afaze.  

3. jordana INCOLOR Squeeze n Shine Super Shiny Tasty Lip Gloss $1.99

Talk about a drugstore darling - I found these bad boys by accident while persusin the drugstore! They are a super gloss! They do take re-application but I don't mind since the result is so FAB! Not sticky & super shiny. They are also unscented.... beware though if you are not into shimmer these are not for you - the colored glosses have a lot of glitter in them... The applcator dispenses a TON of gloss so my tip for ya is to dot some product in the center of your lip then spread with your finger.

4.  L'Oreal Colour Riche LeGloss Lip Gloss $7.99
These glosses are gorgeous go-tos! These glosses have a bunch of regular colors that are always available & seasonally L'Oreal cranks out some limited edition shades.

5. Revlon Color Burst Lip Butter $7.49 & 
I luv these suckers! I love the moisture, colors & the dessert names! Though I did purchase some of the darker tones (which look great) I do suggest that you use the lighter shades if you are not willing to sporadically re-apply as they tend to fae quickly! These are perfect for people who don't like lipstick but want to have a hint of tint! 

6. L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Balm $7.99
More lip butters! These, however, are a bit different than the Revlon ones. Color & shine are not as intense, these are more like colored lip balms... comparable to Maybelline Baby Lips. While the Revlon ones pack some punch these are more "light" & delicate.... think "Oh  just ate some strawberries and my lips have been touched with the tint of the sweet fruit!" lol too much huh?

7. EOS Lip Balm $3.29

Little Balls of love! There isn't a single time I take one of these out of my purse that someone doesn't look at me and asks "what's that???" Aside from being intriguing, these balms are actually affective & yummy - be careful though having all the flavor and types will become an addiction! 






8. Revlon Super Lustrous™ Lipstick & Lip Gloss. 
Starting at $6.99 


I've raved about Revlons lipsticks and lipglosses on my blog before & I still believe they are the best bang for the buck at the drugstore - lots of different finishes & endless amounts of colors!


9.C.O. Bigelow Mentha Supreme 2X Lip Shine $8.00
The only thing that sucks about this gloss is that it's a one of a kind... not a line... I love the way it smells, tastes & looks! It's sorta like eating a breath mint too!




10. Lip Smackers $1.75
People always laugh at me when they see me with Lip Smakers - but WTF this was the IT thing to have in middle school & I still can't find a better combo of price, quality& yummy taste!



What are your favorite lip products for under ten bucks?

Big Mwah! 

Aly 

Disclaimer: You Know The Deal... I purchased all these items myself and all opinions are my own. 

10 comments:

  1. Love these posts! I really like the Lip Smackers part too! Way cute, and real! Also, I have to say- I bought the EOS after you suggested it to me and I love it! Don't get much of a reaction like you were saying you do but I love it. I think my fave lipstick right now is my Covergirl in Soulmate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Doll! After you told me you liked the Covergirl lipsticks I went out & got one myself. A nice HOT PINK called Spellbound. I found that it stains my lips though - does Soulmate do the same for you?

      Delete
  2. I have one of the Just Bitten balms and love it! Its the neutral nudish one. I also love the NYX lipsticks! Love their selections and prices and the creaminess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed on the NYX - So smooth & creamy! The names drive me a little nuts... like the nude is never really nude or the Pink is more beige!

      Delete
  3. I love the Revlon Color Burst line!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Minds Think Alike Meganshae - I think I have all of these! Revlon always gets it right on lip products! What's your fave Color Burst Shade?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I have only tried Quenched in the Baby Lips Line (the sheer one with SPF in the Blue Tube)- Have you tried any of the ones that have a hint of tint?

      Delete
  5. Hi, I have been looking for NYX every where and can NOT find it...stores, not online as I'm a bit hesitant to buy makeup online that I haven't used yet bc of the color factor, things look one color on my phone screen & way different on my laptop screen...I've heard so many great things about the line and just can't find it! I'm in Southern Mass & have had no luck! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Luv! I'm sorry you can't find NYX in your area. It's a great brand so we have to find a way for you to get your hands on it STAT! Have you tried Sears? In my area (NJ/NY) they carry it there. Also Ulta carries NYX & always has their latest (& greatest goodies) - they have a store in Northborough MA if that is at all close to you. If you let me know your zip code (you can email me instead of posting it lifewithaly@gmail.com) I can find out if there is a Sears/Ulta in your area has the brand & how you can get your hands on it. Let me know if you are looking to see a specific product if I have it I can post a swatch for you. I hope to hear from you!

      Delete